2022-11-24 | Real Estate Market Germany – Analyses and Forecasts 2023
Real Estate Market Germany - Analyses and Forecasts 2023
39th Berlin Real Estate Talk
The property price boom has come to an end in 2022. But what will happen in 2023? Is the real estate market about to turn around?
Experts in conversation:
Achim Amann, Managing Director Black Label Immobilien
Andreas Müller, Managing Director Black Label Immobilien
13.12.2022, from 19:00 live via Zoom
For years, property prices in Germany knew only one path: upwards. Now there is a turnaround. The difficult mixed situation in the real estate market with inflation, higher interest rates, high energy costs and rising construction prices is now resulting in falling purchase prices. Despite the fact that supply and demand clearly speak for a strong seller's market, many buyers are leaving the market because of the significantly higher capital costs. As a result, sellers are lowering their prices OR leaving the market as well.
However, a closer look at these trends reveals significant differences in the various market segments with sometimes contradictory recommendations for action. What are the reasons? What should real estate sellers or vendors pay attention to now?
In our 39th Real Estate Talk, Achim Amann and Andreas Müller, managing directors of Black Label Immobilien, analyse the real estate price development of the past months and provide an outlook for 2023.
A look back at the real estate year 2022:
- What are the current market prices in Berlin for existing properties and for newly built properties?
- What has been the price trend in the surrounding area of Berlin?
Is it still worth selling a property?
- Various experts say that prices have actually risen in 2022 compared to 2021.
How can that be?
- What completely surprised us as real estate agents for Berlin?
- What was the most special property in 2022? The most expensive and the cheapest?
- Did the prices for condominiums fall the most? Is it worth buying now?
What are the best locations to buy a condominium?
- Properties with a high level of energy efficiency are more in demand than unrenovated comparative properties and thus fetch much higher prices. What can you do now? Sell anyway or renovate after all?
What can we expect in 2023:
- Analysts expect real estate prices to fall worldwide in 2023 and 2024.
What does this mean for owners and potential buyers?
- Buying real estate despite interest rate shock?
- Sell a house or wait: Is it worth selling a house now?
- What will happen to construction interest rates in the real estate market?
- Which property prices are coming under particular pressure due to the energy crisis?
- What do you need to know now if you intend to buy or sell a property in 2023?
- With the Annual Tax Act, the Federal Government is indirectly increasing inheritance and gift tax.
What does this mean for real estate heirs?
These are just some of the questions we will answer at our 39th Berlin Real Estate Talk. Take advantage of the opportunity to ask experts from the real estate industry your own questions free of charge, live and without obligation.
Simply register using the form so that we can send you the access data by e-mail and know your questions on the respective topic. To participate, you need a computer or smartphone and internet access. Camera and sound remain switched off during the video chat. This means you can neither be seen nor heard. However, you yourself can see and hear the experts and can also ask your questions live (in writing within the chat room).
Experts at the 39th Berlin Real Estate Talk:
Andreas Müller is co-founder and managing director of Black Label Immobilien. He has been dedicated to the subject of real estate since 1989 and is available to Black Label Immobilien as a qualified partner for individual living in Berlin and Brandenburg. He is responsible for the areas of owner support and certified market value assessments. He provides his clients with comprehensive support in the search for suitable residential or commercial property as well as the search for the right buyer for their property.
Achim Amann is co-founder and managing director of Black Label Immobilien. He has been involved in real estate in Europe since 2004. He started on the Gulf of St. Tropez (2004-2007), followed by his MBA in England (2008). Since 2008, he has been advising and supporting international key accounts as well as Berlin property developers and is responsible for the marketing of the Black Label Immobilien and Black Label Properties brands as well as the areas of acquisition and product strategy.
How much is your property worth?
You'll know in a few minutes!
Completely free of charge and without obligation, you will receive an initial value estimate of how much your house or condominium is worth. Our online property valuation takes into account the largest and most important factors that influence the value of a property: Property type, living space, location and year of construction.